Sunday, September 30, 2012

THEORIES

There are four theories that family can be systemed by. Systems theory, Exchange theory, Symbolic Interaction theory, and conflict theory. Its not that families are ruled by only one system, I think it is a combination of all these theories, just at different times and situations. For me personally I think the symbolic interactions theory is so interesting. Every symbol can mean something totally different to other people. I think a lot of conflict could be solved if we just told others how you feel or what it means to you when they do or say a certain things. An example that comes to mind is a friend who got really mad at her boyfriend for opening doors for her. I thought it was really sweet and gentlemen like for him to do this but she hated it because it made her feel like he thought she was "fragile" and couldn't handle things on her own. It all depends on the way you were raised and your perspective of certain actions.

No comments: